Monday, May 9, 2011

Editorial

When I was little, she kissed the owie on my knee.

As I grew older, she encouraged me through each new challenge and ambition.

And when I suffered my first heartache, she let me know that the pain would fade, that my true love was still out there, that she would be so lucky to have me.

She’s mom, and most of us would agree, she is wonderful.

Whether they live nearby, far away, or even if they’re gone, our mothers – or our memories of them – are still with us today. It´s Mother’s Day, a day to reflect on and celebrate the ones who gave us life, who sacrificed for us, raised us and loved us through even our most unlovable of moments. There were plenty of those in my life.

Given the boundless variety of human dynamics, not everyone enjoys a tremendous relationship with his or her mother. Some moms seem particularly adept at the undertaking almost from the start, and their offspring are especially blessed. Others struggle, or worse, stop trying altogether.

Most of us, though, probably have moms who fall somewhere in the middle – imperfect perhaps, but determined to do their absolute best on our behalf.

Thank you Mom, I love you


“Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don’t want them to become politicians in the process.”

John F. Kennedy


Happy Mother´s Day

No comments:

Post a Comment